How to Make a Basic SNARE Trap with Paracord or Wire
In this video, David from UltimateSurvivalTips.com shows you how to improvise basic snares from wire or paracord so that you can catch some tasty, nutritious, survival food and stay alive when times get tough.
Why is it important to know how to make basic snares?
Snares and Traps are designed to choke, crush, hang, or entangle the animals you’re trying to catch.
When you’re in a survival situation, you need to know how to catch food, find food or get nutrition from your bug out bag. This is simply one way for you to prepare for survival situations.
The best traps are usually pretty simple to make, as you see in the video above, and should be placed in multiple locations. When you are using traps and snares, the amount of them you set up is important. The more traps you set up, the better your chances are of catching something.
It is a good idea to use a variety of traps, as certain traps work better in different locations.
Gear you’ll need
As Promised… Here are Links to the Gear Mentioned and Used in this Video:
- 24 Gauge Wire for Snares –Order on Amazon by clicking here
- 26 Gauge Wire for Snares – Order on Amazon by clicking here
- Buck Hoodlum Knife – Order on Amazon by clicking here
- Schrade Axe – Order on Amazon by clicking here
- 550 Paracord – Order on Amazon by clicking here