Ever wondered if you live close to a potential nuclear target?Even if you live in a small town or rural area... don't think you are safe. Not all strategic targets are in heavily populated areas. Find out if your county is close to ground zero.
So today, we wanted to talk about 5 Guns to Guarantee Your Survival.
When it comes to situations where you need to be putting meat on your table for your family, it’s often better to have a rifle instead of a hand-gun. A high-powered rifle with long-range power should be in every survivalist’s arsenal.
Not just from the standpoint of these high-powered rifles being extremely fun to shoot, but when it comes to dangerous situations these are one of the most useful.
But, we all know that a handgun can be useful in those instances where carrying around a rifle is not a possibility.
Image source: malinois404
Depending on your situation and where you live, you’ll want to keep different things in mind. I spent some time researching this topic and came across an article that nailed the subject on the head. I would be doing you a dis-service if I didn’t just share that article with you.
So rather than act like I’m the smartest guy around (only in my own mind), I decided to share the following excerpt from Ranger Man at shtfblog.com.
Image courtesy of: ike4014
This should really come as no surprise. My only guess as to why so many survival writers don’t list the “Black Rifle” as their top choice is because they want to set themselves apart from the pack. Like in politics, when you’re the man on top, you can expect attacks. There are very solid reasons for the AR-15’s extreme popularity and cult-like following. There are very solid reasons why its the #1 choice of the U.S. military and paramilitary groups (“AR-15” to include all variations). It’s the best – period.
Advantages: very common caliber; fast bullet with flat trajectory; highly adaptable platform that allows the user to meet mission specific needs; extensive options readily available; they’re everywhere (meaning so are parts); wide variety of available rounds from 55 grain to 75 grain, tracer rounds, steel penetrator tips, etc.; very, very light recoil; Made in the U.S.A., and in the case of Bushmaster, Made in Maine 😉
Disadvantages: smaller caliber than what’s found in other battle rifles; many moving parts; rather annoying to clean compared to other rifles; the gas system often comes under criticism for throwing the “gunk” back into the chamber (some call this “shitting where it eats”), though this problem has been remedied in some newer models (at a higher cost).
Image courtesy of: http://www.wideopenspaces.com/everything-want-know-ruger-1022-rifle/
I can hear it now, “What!?” That’s right, the .22 rifle. It’s ALL about survivalism. Look, when TEOTWAWKI hits you’re going to want a rifle like the Ruger 10/22 for put some sort of meat on your dinner plate. Squirrels, gophers or the neighbors’ cats, the 10/22 is quiet, effective, and you can shoot all damn day for what it’d cost you to buy a 6-pack of PBR.
Additionally, a little recognized fact, Chechen rebels successfully used .22 rifles for sniping purposes against Russian troops in urban settings. The urban setting consisted of narrow streets and close buildings allowing these “snipers” to get exceptionally close to their targets. They strapped soda bottle silencers on them to further the effectiveness. I don’t care what you say about the .22lr, take one in the neck and you’ll think differently.
Advantages: already stated – go buy one
Disadvantages: none whatsoever
Image courtesy of: RRViper
What’s a more common caliber than the .45 ACP? The 9mm. Unfortunately, it’s the most common handgun caliber in the United States used against police officers. Thugs love it. Love the 9mm, but don’t be a thug.
Advantages: cheaper to shoot than the .45 (and thus practice with); high capacity magazines; easier to conceal and carry
Disadvantage: less lead
It’s durable, designed to be thrown into a mud hole for a month when it can be dug out and immediately used without cleaning. That might be an exaggeration, but not by much. It also delivers a beefy round for a standard issue assault rifle. If you’re outside the United States, there’s likely readily available parts and ammunition.
Advantages: banana clips, baby; jungled clipped banana clips, baby
Disadvantages: lacks the accuracy found in other assault rifles; made in China, or Russia, or Yugoslavia – you get the idea.
5) Remington 870 12 Gauge Pump-Action Shotgun
Image courtesy of: secretazure
Let’s hear that again.
The sound is undeniable. You hear that and you instantly know what it means, “You wanna roll with me?” The only reasonable response is, “errrr . . . . nah, I’ll move along.”
You can get a shotgun that’ll take a bigger shell, but you don’t need it. The 12 gauge is exceptionally common and it’ll take a variety of shells: birdshot for game hunting survival purposes; double-ought buck for pushing intruders not only down, but back out the window they came in through; and slugs for anything else.
Advantages: common caliber; many accessories available for this model (pistolgrips, tube extensions, etc.); obscene knock-down power
Disadvantages: none come to mind
Can you think of any other Guns To Guarantee Your Survival No Matter What The Situation? Let us know in the comments below…
We decided it would be a great idea to put together a top 20 list of the best websites for Survivalists. This is what we’ve come up with from our research and we wanted to provide you with the best information possible.
So here you are!
1. Graywolf Survival – http://graywolfsurvival.com/%20
– One of the most popular survivalist sites, Graywolfsurvival is informative and easy to navigate.
2. American Preppers Network – http://americanpreppersnetwork.com
– This website caters to a wide range of preppers. From novices to seasoned survivalists, this site contains information for everybody, as well as a blog to help you pick up tips from other preppers.
3. The Prepper Journal – http://www.theprepperjournal.com/%20
– This site is very thorough and has a wealth of information, particularly for those who don’t know where to begin. The attractive layout is an added bonus.
4. Sovereign Survival – //tipsforsurvivalists.com/%20
– This site is particularly helpful for preppers with families, and is chock full of links to other resources across the web. Great for people at any experience level, particularly those with small children.
5. The Survival Mom – http://thesurvivalmom.com/%20
– While this site appears to cater to women, don’t let the name fool you! This site is great for beginners of all genders who want tips on organization, prepping food, and keeping your kids entertained in the event of a crisis.
6. Doom and Bloom – http://www.doomandbloom.net/%20
– Doom and Bloom is both fun and informational –containing helpful articles as well as a radio channel where you can tune in and get helpful survivalist tips.
7. Off Grid Survival – http://offgridsurvival.com
– While this site is not super heavy on tips for beginners, it is a wealth of knowledge in terms of related news stories and information on practical gear.
8. Survival Spot – http://www.survival-spot.com
– This site is attractive and well laid out, but is recommended for those who already have base-level knowledge; otherwise the high-tech advice could bury a beginner.
9. Prepping To Survive – http://preppingtosurvive.com/%20
– Where most prepping websites focus on disaster related preparedness, this one targets wilderness survival in general, and is great for the adventurer who wants to be ready in case of emergency.
10. Prepper Resources – http://www.prepper-resources.com/%20
– This resource is not only provides information on prepping basics and gun safety, it will also link you to other sites on the web that can expand your knowledge.
11. Survival Cache – http://survivalcache.com/%20
– While it does contains articles on storing food and water, this site’s main focus is weaponry. While it may seem extreme to some, it is an often overlooked aspect of being prepared.
12. SGT Report – http://sgtreport.com/
– This website is less about active survival tips and more about the danger we are facing on a daily basis – however, it can be helpful to train yourself to know the warning signs of crisis.
13. The Prepared Ninja – http://www.thepreparedninja.com/
– A short, simple, and well-organized blog for those who understand the fundamentals, but need help with practical execution.
14. Authorized Boots – http://authorizedboots.com/
– Authorized Boots is for all things related to Army boots and tactical gear. They provide their expertise as well as team’s insights to provide high quality reviews of your favorite army boots based on their experience, opinions, and relentless research to be a trusted source in your purchase journey.
15. The Organic Prepper – http://www.theorganicprepper.ca/%20
– This website is very beginner friendly, but also focuses more on an eco-friendly approach to survivalism. The blogger has several other sites that are related to prepping.
16. Backdoor Survival – http://www.backdoorsurvival.com
– While this site is slightly more difficult to navigate, it has a wealth of in-depth preparation tips, particularly for those with large families and those who want tips on training their mind as well as their bug-out bags.
17. Survival Blog – http://survivalblog.com/%20
– Where some sites are a little skimpy, this site has almost an overload of information; however, it is very organized, and has information that appeals to all level of prepper.
18. Survival MD – http://survivalmd.org
– This website has the only complete medical field survival guide for the laymen…showing you how to treat yourself and loved ones in an emergency when doctors, pharmacies and hospitals are shut down.
19. Suburban Prepper – http://www.suburbanprepper.com/blog/
– Suburban prepper has a few tips for those who are a little more outdoors-y.
20. Blackout USA – http://blackoutusa.org
– This site is all about educating you about a threat so powerful it will wipe out 281 million Americans in the first year. And while NASA, the CIA and the Pentagon are warning us like crazy…no mainstream T.V. or radio outlet is talking about it.