Preppers Food Storage List : Top ten foods to stockpile now!
No matter how many times you’ve heard it, some of you still haven’t done anything to prepare (you know who you are).
I don’t know what else to do. We’re simply here to give you the information, it’s your decision to act upon it. Some of you may feel weird about preparing (I know I did when I first started, so it’s okay).
But please, please start to take action. Here’s a good starting point on things you can do right now. So now is the time to take action and actually start preparing.
Here are 10 things you can do right now that will make you better prepared than 90% of the population. The good thing about this is that everything is available at your local shopping center, so it’s simple to do.
Whether you want to do all ten steps right now, or do a step a week, it’s a good idea to start to do these steps. Getting it done as soon as possible is the best option.
1. Head to the nearest Wal-Mart, Kmart, Costco or whatever and pick-up 20 lbs. of white or brown rice and 20 lbs. of pinto beans. White rice has a better storage life while brown rice has more nutritional benefits – your choice. Or you can order them on Amazon here.
2. While you’re there grab 5 lbs. mixed beans, 5 lbs. of white sugar, 5 lbs. of iodized salt, one gallon of olive oil (can be frozen to extend shelf-life), 5 lbs. oats, 10 lbs. each of white or wheat flour and cornmeal. (All of those links are Amazon links so you can click them to order)
3. Now head over to the canned foods and pick-up 20 cans of canned fruits and 20 cans of canned vegetables. Be sure to buy only those brands and contents you normally eat and nothing exotic. No need to shock the senses.
4. Now over to the canned meats. Pick-up 20 cans of various meats, salmon, stews, spam and tuna. Again buy only those brands with contents you normally eat and nothing exotic.
5. Okay. Now to the to the peanut butter shelf and toss two 40-ounce jars in the cart. The listed shelf life is just over two years and each jar has over 6,000 calories. Peanut butter is an excellent instant survival food.
6. Over to the powdered drink mix – go on I’ll wait…Okay, pick up two 72 Ounce Tang Orange drink canisters (provides 100% of the US RDA vitamin C requirement per 8 oz. glass). Also grab six 19-Ounce Containers of Kool-Aid Drink Mix.
7. Off to the vitamin and supplement aisle, pick up 400 tablets “one a day” multivitamin and mineral supplements. I buy this brand on Amazon – comes in 200 count bottle for $12 each.
8. Now to the department we all love – sporting goods. Go to the camping aisle and pick up 4 five gallon water containers. Fill with tap water as soon as you get back home.
10. And lastly pick up the best LED flashlight you can afford, extra batteries and bulb. Also grab two boxes of wooden matches and several multi-purpose lighters. Don’t forget to date, use and rotate – remember first in first out.
Let’s get started.
What would you add to the list?